Welcome to the Florida Theatre. We are a historic venue serving the community and work hard to preserve the integrity of the
space. Please review the guidelines below and help us preserve the space for others to enjoy!
- We like to keep the air in and the bugs out, so we ask that you do not prop open windows or doors to the outside.
- Florida Theatre is a no smoking building; this means no smoking at all, even with your head out of a dressing room window (which are not supposed to be open)!
- Florida Theatre operates on a no alcohol policy. This means that alcohol must not be consumed by anybody involved in a performance (cast or crew) prior to or during rehearsals, technical work or performances. Alcohol is not permitted backstage at any time. Anybody found in breach of this rule will be asked to leave the building.
- Please be aware the mirror lights in the dressing rooms can become very hot, do not touch them, stick anything to them or hang anything over them. If you need a bulb changed please ask a member of the electrics department to help you.
- Performers should not cross the stage when the house is open or go into any public areas in costume, unless this is part of t
he directed action.
- Please do not touch the intercom or air conditioning system.
- Safety first! Do not block the stairways or any exit doors.
- Please do not write or put tape on the walls, doors or mirrors.
- The Florida Theatre is not responsible for the safe keeping of personal property. Keep an eye on your things and leave anything of real value at home.
- We have a limited supply of wardrobe racks available for use. Please do not hang items on any fixtures.
- Lastly, but quite importantly, please be considerate of this space and your fellow dancers.
We want this to be an enjoyable experience for all, but we need your help to accomplish this.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Florida Theatre